A Magical Journey Thru Stages!
Addams Family - Audition Instructions
ADDAMS FAMILY AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
For Students in Grades 6 - 9
Directed by Matt Mayne
Choreographed by Laura Marron
Music Direction by Jim Schmitt
AUDITIONS (by appointment only):
Tuesday, August 16, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, August 17, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
For an audition appointment, please review conflict calendar and instructions below, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with name, age, grade, phone number, preferred date, and which hour you are most available 6PM - 7PM or 7PM to 8PM. Or Call 585-935-7173 and leave a message. You will receive an email/call with your appointment time.
CALLBACKS (if called):
Thursday, August 18, 6:00 - 8:00PM
Calling Singers, Dancers, Actors in Grades 6 – 9 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the show prior to your audition, as we obviously can’t promise lead roles to everyone. Every role, ensemble included, will be exciting and fun, as well as a valuable experience.
PRIOR TO YOUR AUDITION:
• A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
• A resume, if available
• Shoes and appropriate clothes to dance in (no flip flops, crocs, etc.) — you will be taught a short dance combination to be performed in a group.
• Sheet music (not CD’s) for your audition song in the the key in which you will sing (sheet music is available in local music stores and online — www.sheetmusicplus.com or www.musicnotes.com for example). An Accompanist will be provided (“a cappella” audition songs will not be accepted).
• If you have questions about what to prepare or what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
• 32 bars from two contrasting songs from contemporary musical theatre that showcase your vocal range and demonstrate your ability to show character through song. The following are examples of contemporary musical theatre to provide guidance: Any Disney show, 13 the Musical, Next to Normal, Songs for a New World, The Last Five Years, Heathers and Legally Blonde. Selections need not be limited to these examples. Be prepared to sing entire song if asked. Please do not prepare a song from Addams Family.
• You will be asked to read a scene — no preparation needed.
REHEARSALS: Dates vary — see Calendar View of Conflict Calendar (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
• October 14 at 7:30PM
• October 15 at 7:30PM
• October 16 at 2:00PM
• October 21 at 7:30PM
• October 22 at 7:30PM
• October 23 at 2:00PM
• $225 Commitment Fee for musical theatre training to develop your talent in singing, movement, and character development in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a costuming fee. 10% discount for siblings. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
• $50 Program Ad from a favorite business, restaurant, studio, etc. or Buy-out $50.
• Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
• Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
THE ADDAMS FAMILY features an original story, and it's every father's nightmare. Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family - a man her parents have never met. And if that weren't upsetting enough, Wednesday confides in her father and begs him not to tell her mother. Now, Gomez Addams must do something he's never done before - keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia. Everything will change for the whole family on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday's 'normal' boyfriend and his parents.
Auditions, rehearsals and performances are held at:
STAGES 875 E. Main Street
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Lisa@MJTStages.com
Hope to see you at the audition!