June 11-13, 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
WORKING (2012 REVISED VERSION)
Top Stage Teens: Grades 8-12
- Sign in to the MyStages Family Portal (or create an account and fill out the profile information).
- Select the student, then choose "Enroll In a Program".
- Select School Year "2020-2021 Season", Program "2021 WORKING Auditions", and choose the one audition session that works best.
- After completing the enrollment (be sure to press the "Process" button!), please fill out and submit the Working (2012 Revised Version): Audition Details Form.
Directed by Matt Mayne
Music Direction by Kayla Osika
Choreographed by Laura Marron
AUDITIONS (by appointment only)
Saturday, April 10, 4:00-6:00 PM
Sunday, April 11, 4:00-6:00 PM
*For your convenience, the rehearsal schedule has been provided in calendar form. Click HERE.
CALLBACKS (if called)
Sunday, April 11, 7:00-9:00 PM
Calling Singers, Dancers, Actors in Grades 8 – 12 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the show prior to your audition, as we obviously can’t promise lead roles to everyone. Every role, ensemble included, will be exciting and fun, as well as a valuable experience.
- Prepare 32 bars from two contrasting musical theatre songs (one up-tempo, one ballad) that showcase your vocal range and demonstrate your ability to show character through song. Please do not choose songs from this show. (Call for details)
- How to prepare your accompaniment music for auditions: If copied, hole‐punch the music and put in a binder. The music should be on the front and back of each page. If only printed on one side, tape the pages together so they are back‐to‐back or put them back to back in a non-glare sleeve. If music is bound, it should lay flat when open.
- You will be asked to read a scene — no preparation needed.
- A headshot which will not be returned
- A resume, if available
- Shoes and appropriate clothes to dance in (no flip flops, crocs, etc.) — you will be taught a short dance combination to be performed in a group.
- Sheet music (not CD’s) in a binder for your audition song in the the key in which you will sing (sheet music is available in local music stores and online — www.sheetmusicplus.com or www.musicnotes.com for example). An accompanist will be provided (“a cappella” audition songs will not be accepted).
- If you have questions about what to prepare or what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
Dates vary — Click HERE for rehearsal calendar (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
- June 11 at 7:30 PM
- June 12 at 7:30 PM
- June 13 at 2:00 PM
- $321 Commitment Fee for musical theater training culminating in 3 full performances. Training includes expansion of your talent in singing, movement, and character development in a supportive, nurturing environment. Includes a costuming fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
- Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
- Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Nominated for six Tony Awards, this classic has been updated for a modern age, featuring new songs by Tony Award-winning Lin-Manuel Miranda, as well as favorites by Stephen Schwartz, Craig Carnelia and James Taylor. Working paints a vivid portrait of the men and women that the world so often takes for granted: the schoolteacher, the phone operator, the waitress, the millworker, the mason and the housewife, just to name a few. While most of the professions have been updated, the strength of the show is in the core truths that transcend specific professions; the key is how people's relationships to their work ultimately reveal key aspects of their humanity, regardless of the trappings of the job itself. The show, set in contemporary America, contains timeless truths.
Auditions, rehearsals, and performances are held at:
875 E. Main Street Suite 380 (Third Floor)
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Lisa@MJTStages.com
Hope to see you at the audition!