Time & Location
About the Event
STAGES OF THE GAME TEEN IMPROV TROUPE
For Students in Grades 8 - 12
Coached by Hilary Bluestein-Lyons
- Sign in to the MyStages Parent Portal (linked above) or create an account if you don't have one yet.
- Click on Youth Membership.
- Update the member profile for each student, especially contact information, school and grade info for 2021-2022, and medical and emergency contact information.
- Select the student, and click on Join (or Enroll in) a Program.
- Select the School Year 2021-2022 Season.
- Select a Program.
- Click the Process button.
Teens will explore the basic elements of comedy improv such as building relationships, character development, listening and agreeing, within the framework of short-form improv, in the style of the popular TV show “Whose Line is it Anyway.” Over a period of seven 2-hour rehearsals, the group will learn a variety of improv games, culminating in a Stages showcase performance. Oh yeah, and they’re going to have a ton of FUN!
Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to register. Each troupe member is crucial to the success of the show. The experience will be exciting, fun and valuable.
You will be called to all rehearsals and need to have no more than two conflicts (See Commitment Calendar).
The session will conclude with a showcase performance on March 4 @ 7:00 p.m.
- $160 Commitment Fee for comedy/improv performance training to develop your talent in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a t-shirt fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
- Attend all rehearsals to which you are called (see Commitment Calendar)
- Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
Rehearsals and performance will be held at:
Auditorium Center, Third Floor
875 E. Main Street Suite 380
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending Stages.
Based on guidance from the CDC and in step with Broadway and Rochester area theaters, masks are currently being worn at STAGES by everyone over the age of 2. In addition, cast, crew, staff and audience members ages 12 and over must be vaccinated and show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with ID. Students under 12 are welcome with a mask. Subject to change, effective immediately, as needed.
Call 585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Lisa@MJTStages.com.