For an audition appointment, please fill out and submit Audition Form. *For your convenience, the rehearsal schedule has been provided in calendar form Commitment Calendar. Please review.
You will receive an email/call confirming your appointment.
Calling performers in Grades 8 – 12 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show.
Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the troupe and show prior to your audition. Each troupe member is crucial to the success of the show. The experience will be exciting, fun and valuable.
• A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
• A resume, if available
• Appropriate, comfortable clothes and shoes for physical comedy (no flip flops, crocs, etc.)
• If you have questions about what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
• You will be taught and asked to play a series of improv games — no preparation needed.
Dates vary — see Commitment Calendar. You will be called to all rehearsals and need to have no more than two conflicts.
Because both shows are in the Rochester Fringe Festival, they will be held off site.
Performance venue: Multi-use Community Cultural Center (MuCCC).
Address: 142 Atlantic Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607
• September 14 at 12:00PM
• September 15 at 2:30PM
• $150 Commitment Fee for comedy/improv performance training to develop your talent in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances.
Includes a t-shirt fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
• Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
• Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
Teens will explore the basic elements of comedy improv such as building relationships, character development, listening and agreeing, within the framework of short-form improv, in the style of the popular TV show “Whose Line is it Anyway.” Over a period of seven 2-hour rehearsals, the group will learn a variety of improv games, culminating in two performances at the Rochester Fringe Festival. Oh yeah, and they’re going to have a ton of FUN!
Auditions and rehearsals are held at:
STAGES 875 E. Main Street
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
Performances held at:
Multi-use Community Cultural Center (MuCCC)
142 Atlantic Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607
935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email