PIPPIN AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
For Students in Grades 8 - 12
Directed by Erin McKenna Arvizzigno
Choreographed by Mandy Hassett
Music Direction by Kayleigh DeBrine
AUDITIONS (by appointment only):
Friday, September 27, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Sunday, September 29, 1:00 - 3:00 PM
For an audition appointment, please fill out and submit Audition Form.
*For your convenience, the rehearsal schedule has been provided in calendar form - Commitment Calendar. Please review.
CALLBACKS (if called):
Tuesday, October 1, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Calling Singers, Dancers, Actors in Grades 8 – 12 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the show prior to your audition, as we obviously can’t promise lead roles to everyone. Every role, ensemble included, will be exciting and fun, as well as a valuable experience.
• Prepare 16-32 bars from two contrasting musical theatre songs (one up-tempo, one ballad). Select songs you have a strong connection with, and cut to the moments in the song that show-off your voice the best. Please do not choose songs from Pippin.
• How to prepare your accompaniment music for auditions: If copied, hole-punch the music and put in a binder. The music should be on the front and back of each page. If only printed on one side, tape the pages together so they are back-to-back or put them back to back in a non-glare sleeve. If music is bound, it should lay flat when open.
• You will be asked to read a scene — no preparation needed.
• A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
• A resume, if available
• Shoes and appropriate clothes to dance in (no flip flops, crocs, etc.) — you will be taught a short dance
combination to be performed in a group.
• Sheet music (not CD’s) in a binder for your audition song in the the key in which you will sing (sheet music is
available in local music stores and online — or for
example). An Accompanist will be provided (“a cappella” audition songs will not be accepted).
• If you have questions about what to prepare or what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call
Dates vary — see Commitment Calendar (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
• December 13 at 7:30 PM
• December 14 at 2:00 PM
• December 14 at 7:30 PM
• December 15 at 2:00PM
• $321 Commitment Fee for musical theatre training to develop your talent in singing, movement, and
character development in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a
costuming fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
• Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
• Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a
Winner of four 2014 Tony Awards including Best Musical Revival, this updated circus inspired version of Pippin continues to captivate and appeal to the young at heart throughout the world. Heir to the Frankish throne, the young prince Pippin is in search of the secret to true happiness and fulfillment. He seeks it in the glories of the battlefield, the temptations of the flesh and the intrigues of political power (after disposing of his father, King Charlemagne the Great). In the end, though, Pippin finds that happiness lies not in extraordinary endeavors, but rather in the unextraordinary moments that happen every day.
Auditions, rehearsals and performances are held at:
875 E. Main Street
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email
Hope to see you at the audition!