Rock of Ages Audition Instructions
AUDITIONS (by appointment only):
Saturday, October 1, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Sunday, October 2, 2:00 - 4:00 PM
For an audition appointment, please review Calendar View of Commitment and instructions below, then complete the online Audition Registration Form. You will receive an email/call with your appointment time.
CALLBACKS (if called):
Monday, October 3, 6:00 - 8:00PM
Calling Singers, Dancers, Actors in Grades 8 - 12 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the show prior to your audition, as we obviously can’t promise lead roles to everyone. Every role, ensemble included, will be exciting and fun, as well as a valuable experience.
PRIOR TO YOUR AUDITION:
• Review Calendar View of Commitment
• Fill out and submit the online Audition Registration Form
• A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
• A resume, if available
• Shoes and appropriate clothes to dance in (no flip flops, crocs, etc.) — you will be taught a short dance combination to be performed in a group.
• Sheet music (not CD’s) for your audition song in the the key in which you will sing (sheet music is available in local music stores and online — www.sheetmusicplus.com or www.musicnotes.com for example). An Accompanist will be provided (“a cappella” audition songs will not be accepted).
• If you have questions about what to prepare or what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
• An upbeat and ballad that best showcases your voice. Song style choices should be similar to Rock of Ages (80‘s rock, and/or musical theater are both acceptable). Please do not prepare a song from Rock of Ages.
• You will be asked to read a scene — no preparation needed.
REHEARSALS: Dates vary — see Calendar View of Commitment (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
• December 9 at 7:30PM
• December 10 at 2:00PM
• December 10 at 7:30PM
• December 11 at 2:00PM
• $225 Commitment Fee for musical theatre training to develop your talent in singing, movement, and character development in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a costuming fee. 10% discount for siblings. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
• $50 Program Ad from a favorite business, restaurant, studio, etc. or Buy-out $50.
• Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
• Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
Directed by Erin McKenna Arvizzigno
Music Directed by Orlando Diaz
Choreographed by Mandy Hassett
Written by Chris D’Arienzo
Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This Tony Award -nominated Broadway musical features the hits of bands including Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, and others. Nominated for Five Tony Awards Including Best Musical!
It’s the tail end of the big, bad 1980s in Hollywood, and the party has been raging hard. Aqua Net, Lycra, Heavy Metal flow freely at one of the Sunset Strips last legendary venues, a place where legendary rocker Stacee Jaxx takes the stage and groupies line up for their chance at an autograph. Amidst the madness, aspiring rock star (and resident toilet cleaner) Drew longs to take the stage as the next big thing (and longs for small-town girl Sherri, fresh off the bus from Kansas with stars in her eyes). But the rock and roll fairy-tale is about to end when German developers sweep into town with plans to turn the fabled Strip into just another capitalist strip mall. Can Drew, Sherri and the gang save the strip–and themselves–before it's too late? Only the music of hit bands Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake and more hold the answer.
Auditions, rehearsals and performances are held at:
STAGES 875 E. Main Street
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Carolyn@MJTStages.com
Hope to see you at the audition!