TWISTED TALES OF TERROR AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
For Students in Grades 6 - 12
Directed by Dianne Schaumbrg
AUDITIONS (by appointment only):
Monday, January 9, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, January 11, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
*For your convenience, the rehearsal schedule has been provided in calendar form. Please review.
Conflicts with overlapping Stages shows may be accommodated if listed in audition form.
For an audition appointment, please fill out and submit Audition Form.
CALLBACKS (if called):
Thursday, January 12, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Calling Actors in Grades 6 – 12 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the show prior to your audition, as we obviously can’t promise lead roles to everyone. Every role, ensemble included, will be exciting and fun, as well as a valuable experience.
• You will be asked to cold read a scene — no preparation needed.
• A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
• A resume, if available
• If you have questions about what to prepare or what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
Dates vary — see Calendar View of Commitment (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
March 17, 7:30 PM
March 18, 2:00 PM
March 18, 7:30 PM
March 19, 2:00 PM
• $225 Commitment Fee for musical theatre training to develop your talent in singing, movement, and character development in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a costuming fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
• $50 Program Ad from a favorite business, restaurant, studio, etc. or Buy-out $50.
• Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
• Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
In a spooky graveyard, the darkly lovely Claudia, a Guardian of Dark Tales, retells famous horror stories much to the delight of her lumpy husband, Igor. As she tells classics such as "Dracula", "Frankenstein", "The Three Werewolves", "Jekyll and Hyde", "The Tragic Tale of the Mummy", and "The Three Witches", the characters come to life. However, the stories are all a bit different than we expect. In fact, instead of being terrifying, they are actually quite humorous. Characters behave in unexpected ways, accidents occur, but all turns out well. Claudia's tales are far more funny than scary, and all is resolved into a neat, happy ending.
Auditions, rehearsals and performances are held at:
STAGES 875 E. Main Street
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Carolyn@MJTStages.com
Hope to see you at the audition!